Help Toshiba built in NIC

John Kloian III john@opnix.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:25:47 -0700 (MST)

It makes me leary that it is not more specific about the device.  Here is
what a dump of /proc/pci shows for my ethernet, which is a etherexpress
pro 10/100

Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev
8).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=56.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xefffe000 [0xefffefff].
      I/O at 0xc800 [0xc83f].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xefe00000 [0xefefffff]

How new is your laptop?  My guess would be that if it is relatively new
then it is an Intel controller using the 82557 chipset.  If this is the
case then the eepro100 driver should work.

--