Advice

George Toft george@georgetoft.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:05:53 -0700

What Joel said is where I got my start in Networking - kinda.  I fell
into a job teaching Networking, so I begged old parts, and ended up
with a pile of 486's and Pentiums.  I set up a heterogeneous network
(http://georgetoft.com/network/index.html) and learned how to set it
up.  A really big help was the liberal use of "Ethereal" which allowed
me to see what was inside of the packets.  Also, the Linux Network
Administrators Guide (which I have in print) is Golden.

WestNet and 3Com partnered in an eight course program leading to
two certifications.  The textbook is great.  If you can find a copy,
do so.  I don't remember the name (my copy is in storage - sorry).

George