Virtual Desktops

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:08:28 -0700

On Mar 20,  2:58pm, Carl Parrish wrote:

> Okay I've been confused by this is sawMILL or sawFISH the newer version?

Here's what question #1 in the SawFish FAQ has to say about the matter:

   1. Why is it now called Sawfish?

      Because the old name (Sawmill) was already being used by another
      company, who were in the process of registering it as a
      trademark.

      The rename should be mostly painless, all old binaries still
      work for the time being, but will be phased out over time.
      Where before you would execute a program called sawmill*,
      replace it by sawfish*.  E.g.  sawmill becomes sawfish, and
      sawmill-client becomes sawfish-client.

      Your ~/.sawmill directory will automatically be renamed
      ~/.sawfish unless it would overwrite an existing file.  Both
      ~/.sawfishrc and ~/.sawmillrc will be checked currently (though
      only one will be actually loaded).

      My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kevin