Overheating system

David A. Sinck sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:15:37 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Paul Dickson on 3/17/2001 23:44 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:12:41 -0000, Mark wrote:
\_
\_ > I fried one of those suckers by forgetting to put heat sync compound on it.
\_ > Ouch!  The guy at our vendor said he had one guy who fried one by simply
\_ > sticking  a muffin fan on the processor with double-sided tape.  No heat
\_ > sync.
\_
\_ That's sink, as in something with a drain.  Sync is short for synchronize.
\_
\_ I'd much rather have something on my CPU getting rid of heat instead
\_ of keeping it.
\_
\_ Although, you could possibly use "heat sync" compound to thermally
\_ connect your CPU to your heat sink.

For a substantial charge, you can attach me to your CPU, but YMMV and
I'm pretty sure there's high overhead and maintenance on this setup.

David Sinck