QLITech Systems

Shea Ferring shea.ferring@analex.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:21:53 -0700

I picked up a QLITech desktop a few months ago and have been happy with it,
though I haven't had to try out their service or support yet. Hope that
helps...

~Shea~

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Robert
Ambrose
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 11:10 PM
To: Plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: QLITech Systems

Has anyone here tried the QLITech (Tuxtop) Labtops?  I'm thinking of
getting an Emperor.

Two things really bug me about Dell:

First, Dell doesn't seem very interested in selling Linux Laptops.  I got
the feeling the sales rep thought something was wrong with me wanting a
Linux based laptop.  Half the things I was interested in getting wasn't
supported (Port rep/CD-RW). I was also told I couldn't order more than 260
MB of memory.  I was thinking of getting 512.  (They had a special going,
they would match the amount of memory you bought and I was going to get
256 MB anyway).

The other thing that really burns me is I priced the same configuration
using Windoes 2000 Pro and it came out 3 dollors cheaper.  I feel like I'm
still having to buy a copy of Windows I don't want.

On the otherhand, two things bother me about the Emperor:

One is the don't allow returns.  If you buy it, and don't like it, do bad.
This really bothers me because a few years ago I bought a laptop from
another small company (Twinhead), and I've been sorry ever since.

Second, is it is a lot more expensive.

So I was wondering if anyone has direct knowlage of either QLITech and/or
the Emperor.

TIA, rna