Another question

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:53:10 -0700

On Mar 14,  4:28pm, Jim wrote:

> If I access a location with Emacs, can I copy an entire directory
> including all files and all subdirectories and all files in the
> subdirectories from my machine to the remote machine?  Will it create a
> new directory on the remote machine?

I'm sure it can.  (Emacs can do anything/everything, right?)  I'm sure
David will jump in a suitable Emacs answer.

But until then, you might consider using either scp, or rsync, or
better still, rsync through ssh.  I've posted scripts to this list in
the past which do a two-way rsync.  I find these invaluable for
keeping directories on remote machines in sync with my local copy.

Kevin