redcarpet + debian gets wierd dependencies, it seems

David A. Sinck sinck@ugive.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:26:22 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth der.hans on 3/14/2001 01:31 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ moin, moin,
\_
\_ spliff:/home/lufthans# apt-test --purge remove jed-common
\_ Reading Package Lists... Done
\_ Building Dependency Tree... Done
\_ The following extra packages will be installed:
\_   libc6 libc6-dev libfreetype6 locales xfree86-common
\_ [...]
\_ Why would it need to upgrade libc to remove a package?

I had a fun one.  I installed red-carpet from helixgnome, and it
wanted to upgrade me...by removing all those crufty old kernels I
had.  Each and every one of the kernels installed.  (Keeping in mind
that I have the latest distro from RH running...)  That's not
inconvenient, is it?

OOoh, there's more: upgrading 'xpdf' wants to also remove that
accursed 'XFree86' package.

It's pretty and all, but I think I'm passing on the red carpet.

David