Need ISP!!!

David A. Sinck sinck@ugive.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:41:15 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Kimi A. Adams on 3/13/2001 09:50 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ They figure in order to maintain that IP address, it's costly for the
\_ company.  It's not for me because it's a flat rated fee to my company, no
\_ matter how many people are using static IP's or how long they use it.  It's
\_ my class C range of numbers, not someone else's.

I might be a burrito shy of an combo platter here, but aren't class
C's 255 addrs [1]....which would mean after 255 you'll need another
class C, then another....

Or, if what seems to be implied "static [no matter] how long they use
it", which would mean it changes from dialup instance to diaulup
instance, that's not what my mental model says about "dialup static
IPs", which would be "I dialup whenever and land the same IP".

mmmmm....burritos...is it lunch time yet?

David

[1] modulus gateways, routers, broadcasts, and the sysadmin-is-special
IPs