SSH

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:50:34 -0800

> ps auxwww | grep ssh
>
> You should get an entry for sshd.

I tried this command and it didn't bring up anything. I then tried using the
/sbin/init.d/sshd file(by executing it directly) and it seemed to start up.
The only way I could verify that, however, was by doing an /sbin/init.d/sshd
status, which brings up 3 PIDs  that I can't ps to confirm...I'm assuming
that it's running.

When I try to connect with putty, I get a syslog writeout saying that the
kernel accepted on port 22, but putty says the connection was refused. I'm
not sure how to configure putty...all I'm trying to do for now is to run a
secure telnet/ftp session.

Lucas