Info on last nights video stream

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:41:12 -0700

I just got done looking at last nights stream.
There were a few problems, like Jason's laptop crashing twice (running Mac
OS), so we lost small amounts of time while he rebooted. There is also some
static and a humm from the reciever being too far away, although it wasn't
doing that while I had it on.  I think the transmiter is alergic to Jiva's
coat.

All in all it looks like the most successfull stream we have had yet.  The
wireless mic really add a lot to the stream.  The audio on the presentation
is great,  It's crisp clean with just a bit of static that I'm sure that I
can get rid of next month.

One thing we do need to get is an audio mixer with at least 2 inputs,
preferably 4.  If anyone has one they would be willing to donate to the
group for our streams it would really help, or if anyone knows where I can
get on got realativly cheap I might also be interested in that.

Another thing that I would be interested in a donation of or  location of a
cheap audio compressor.  We need one for amplification purposes to get rid
of the feedback.  It would also stop us from getting annoyed by Jiva
sticking the mic in front of the speaker :)

Anyway, Jason should have the archive of last nights meeting up momentarily,
so if you missed it, go check it out at:
http://www.snaptek.com/pluglive/ and click on the archive link down at the
bottom.

Brian Cluff