Need ISP!!!

David P. Schwartz davids@desertigloo.com
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:56:22 -0700

As an interesting middle-ground, check out http://www.dynu.com

You set up your domain names to point to their DNS servers (4 of 'em) and then
run a little utility on your box (Windoze or Linux) that sends your local
dynamic IP address to their service.  All requests coming to your domains are
routed to YOUR IP address.  They're not _forwarded_, but actually routed, as
if your machine was part of a cluster.  You can even use the service while
you're travelling -- just login to the net, run their utility on your laptop,
and suddenly you're sitting at a live server!

It's pretty simple and economical approach if you've just got a few domain
names.  (I was using them for a short while with my Qwest DSL service, but
I've got so many domain names that it's not economical for me.)

-David Schwartz