West Side PLUG, was: Re: Last Warning

Vaughn Treude vaughn@nakota-software.com
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 08:08:20 -0700

--------------FD9ABC71A86EF5E7167741A4

Excellent!  I live VERY close to GCC.   And last Tuesday also works out well.

Vaughn Treude

foodog wrote:

> I'm happy to say I was previously mislead: GCC can be used for meetings
> as long as someone who's an employee attends the meetings - that'll be
> me initially.
>
> For those familiar with GCC, I have my eye on the HT1 Teleconference
> room.  It's comfortable, spacious, and has networking - I'll need to do
> some  negotiating for a network connection but I think it can happen.
>
> What we need to do is determine a day and time that would be good for
> the largest number of people.  The room's generally available evenings.
> Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:00pm are usually free, for example. I
> can check on proposed dates within one day, and reserve the room.
>
> I'll commit to arranging space for 3 months for starters; indefinitely
> if the experience proves to be "better than a poke in the eye with a
> sharp stick".
>
> "der.hans" wrote:
> > The main thing is to follow up with whoever runs to location to make sure
> > it keeps getting reserved after the initial setup. The rest is up to you
> > and those who show up. Easiest is to just hang out and do installfest
> > things as people show up.
>
> I've had kinda a negative experience w/ installfest so I don't want to
> rely on that too much :-).  I think I could fill about 30 minutes and
> not screw up too badly with something like "intro. security for home
> users": inventorying services and killing them, installing portsentry
> and logcheck.  I can usually type "rpm -i"
> with the best of em.
>
> > part of GCC is one of the advantages to doing this as PLUG. Not to say
> > anything bad about GCC, but there are politics and indifference in any
> > such organization to overcome. ...
>
> Not being a student club avoids *many* annoying problems and
> negotiations.
>
> > 2nd Thu is PLUG. 3rd Tue is Linux Stammtisch. 3rd Wed is ASULUG. I'd
> > suggest not conflicting with those :).
>
> Just to get the ball rolling, how about the last Tuesday of the month at
> 6pm?  That'd be 3/27.
>
> Steve

*****************
Nakota Software, Inc.
Custom Industrial Software Development

--------------FD9ABC71A86EF5E7167741A4

Excellent!&nbsp; I live VERY&nbsp;close to GCC.&nbsp;&nbsp; And last Tuesday
also works out well.
be used for meetings
be
to do
happen.
evenings.
sure
to you
and
say
any
at
if your mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to write
mail.

<pre>--&nbsp;
Nakota Software, Inc.
Custom Industrial Software Development</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------FD9ABC71A86EF5E7167741A4--