IP Conf

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 17:05:43 -0700

on RH 6.2 there were static files for network configuration.  I created a shell
script that I run depending on if I'm at home or somewhere on campus that copies
configs over those then ran the commands to bring the interface up.

/etc/resolv.conf -> DNS servers
/etc/sysconfig/network -> hostname and default gateway
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX -> configuration for interface ethX