Creating Super User

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:12:03 -0700

Yeah, it would be totally safe.  The only thing that makes root root is that
used ID of 0.  Since you will still have a user with ID 0 you will still
have a root account, just not with the name root.
Just double check that you did indeed give root privlemges to the new user
or you could hose up your system pretty good.

Brian Cluff