Last Warning

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 16:35:17 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Mar, 2001 schwäzte foodog so:

> To paraphrase a recent president: that depends on how you define
> "organize"; I don't have much clue what's involved.  My warm, fuzzy,
> people-motivating skills are mostly imaginary.

Good. Too many fuzzy skills scares off geeks :).

The main thing is to follow up with whoever runs to location to make sure
it keeps getting reserved after the initial setup. The rest is up to you
and those who show up. Easiest is to just hang out and do installfest
things as people show up.

From there it can grow into presentations or whatever else as people step
forward and offer to give them. I believe that's how the main PLUG meeting
came about and it's been quite successful.

> I was involved in an attempted LUG at GCC that vanished almost
> immediately due to lack of direction and participants.  I'll find out if
> I'd be able to post a meeting notice on bboards at GCC.

Good idea. Is this the group that Trent tried to start before? Not being
part of GCC is one of the advantages to doing this as PLUG. Not to say
anything bad about GCC, but there are politics and indifference in any
such organization to overcome. If we're just getting space and a network
connection from them, then the other stuff is almost completely
irrelative.

> So... where do I go from here, Hans?  Thx,

Let Jim and I follow up on a location, then we'll work with you to setup a
meeting. Think about when you'd like to hold the meetings.

2nd Thu is PLUG. 3rd Tue is Linux Stammtisch. 3rd Wed is ASULUG. I'd
suggest not conflicting with those :).

Anyone want to let us know when PC and other group meetings are? SAGE has
unfortunately changed to the same night as the main PLUG meeting.

BTW, the title "main PLUG meeting" could change to "East Valley PLUG
meeting" once we have other meeting(s) established :).

> BTW, if someone's just *dying* to dive in and organize this, don't worry
> about hurting my feelings ;-)

Same with everything else in PLUG. We are a volunteer organization. The
more volunteers we have, the stronger we are and the more we can do.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-) -- Kevin Buettner