Last Warning

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:31:54 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Mar, 2001 schwäzte Sir Edward James William so:

> I work at Honeywell. And Yea ever since i came to Phoenix everything is on
> the East side. Well what about North, and West. Can we at least get
> something in Central PHX?

We used to have something in Central Phx, but lost the room. Ken who had
be running that for a long time took the opportunity to step down and no
one has come forward since.

I am working on getting a facility on the west side that we can use.

What we need are two types of commitments. One is just for a few people to
say they're interested and plan on attending. I don't want to setup
meetings and then have no one show. Looks like we should do OK just by
getting the HoneySignalers to show up :).

More importantly we need someone to organize the meetings. Just as it's
difficult for people on the West side to make meetings on the East side,
it's difficult for us to go the other way. That also makes it difficult to
organize the meetings, especially since we're already organizing another
one :). OTOH, if someone on the East side likes road trips and wants to do
the West side meeting power to him :).

Organizing the meetings doesn't need to take much effort. The main thing
is that whoever's organizing them (can be a group of people) need to have
at least one person there every month to run the thing.

An easy way to start is to do the Stammtisch thing, e.g. just show up
somewhere with desk space and a network connection to hang out. This can
be done installfest style or just discussion style or a mix as we have at
the current Stammtisch.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans