Trouble installing Debian

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:55:44 -0700 (MST)

Am 28. Jun, 2001 schwäzte Chris Cowan so:

> I'm trying to get Debian working on my laptop. It's a Dell Latitude C 600
> with a PCMIA Ethernet card. I have a set of distribution CDs with v 2.2
> and I wanted to install it so the apt-get portion was done with http. If
> I bring it to the westside meeting tonight could someone give me a few
> pointers?

If you can make it to the Linux Stammtisch on the 17th, that's a great place
to get assistance.

It's on the East side, though. If someone, however, wants to start a West
side location for the Linux Stammtisch, that would be awesome. We'd need a
place that has enough light to work as well as room for boxen[1]. We also
need to be able to get food. Beer is considered a plus by many :), but isn't
a requirement ( for most ). Bandwidth is a must, but rumor has it that we
might be able to talk Kimi into providing ricochet access through Unitywave
once a month :).

> I'm just starting with Linux and I'm trying out different distributions to
> see which one works best for my needs. (That's why I posted a question about
> RH earlier.) So if anyone could bring a copy of any other sets to the

I generally carry quite a few dists with me.

> meeting I would appreciate it greatly... like Mandrake, SeSu, Slack, or any
> of your favorites. I'm also looking for Yellow Dog 2.0 for my Powerbook if

I also have dists for PPC and Sparc architectures. Those, however, are
quite old. I should get new ones sometime...

ciao,

der.hans

[1] We've got to be able to drag in full-boxen, not just laptops, so
computer-related places tend to be problematic.

--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.