Intel 2200 Qwest DSL Modem??

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:26:18 +0000

I only asked because I was given three choices with the free DSL
installation...

A: pay Quest an additional $199 for some router they claim connects to
the USB port (1. what USB port? Heheh. 2. Since when does a router
hook to USB anyways? These are ethernet devices, right? Yes they say,
with a USB connector. They dont know what for. Neither do I... a
router with a USB connector seems pretty stupid to me - USB isnt
exactly like RS232 - USB is anything but convienent to properly
implement - are there even USB dumbterms that might be used in the
field to set up a USB router?) In any case, I bet I can get something
better cheaper, especially considering their sales rep who makes
commission on the phone-sale of the DSL to me also indicated this...

B: the free Intel internal DSL modem.

C: Nothing at all.

I figured what the hell, might as well get the modem. If nothing else,
it will probably have a good metal backplane on it, right? :-)

I asked:

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|