3D card Recommendations

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:42:27 -0400

Well, I can recommend against nVidia for new purchases.  While it may
not be worth dumping a pre-existing nVidia card, buying a new one is
buying a card with no guarantee of continuing driver support.  (And of
course, it seems to take longer for them to release fairly stable
versions of the drivers if you read the Mandrake forums.)

And if you want to play something like Quake 3 on your system, I have
recently purchased it from EBStore.com only to discover my S3 Savage4
card isn't supported.  (F&*^ing grrrrrrrrr!)

I hear good things about ATI and Matrox though.