Tape Backup on Linux?

Garrett Ellis plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:53:35 -0000

Hello, all. I would like to implement a tape backup solution on a machine
running Mandrake 8.0. I am curious to know if anyone else has successfully
implemented and automated a tape backup system on a reasonably current
Linux distribution. If so, which devices/software were you successful in
using? My goal is to build an automated system that requires me to only
physically check & rotate the tapes myself while having the Linux box
automatically back everything up.

Any suggestions and input are greatly appreciated. I hope you all have a
wonderful day.

Thanks,
Garrett Ellis
Analex Corporation