Notebook as a router/firewall - SUCCESS

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:08:36 -0700

Hi Kurt,

I had an old LinkSys card, and I bought a new LinkSys card.  Both are
NE2000 compatible.  Linux recognized both with no problems.

Let me qualify that.  Mandrake 7.2 SNF recognized them about half the
time.  Mandrake 7.2 (regular edition) had no problems.  Turbo Linux
Server recognized the first, and if I ifup eth1, the second would
come up, but not automatically.

George