Linux notebooks

Richard Ibbotson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:56:02 +0100

Dear All

> Having used VMWare on quite a few machines, I can say that I
> *don't* recommend it for "normal" use unless you have at least 256M
> RAM. Anything less, and it slows to a crawl.  In fact, if you have
> minimal memory, you might want to seriously check out Win4Lin 3.0
> by Netraverse[1].  I've heard only good things about it.

Yes, this is completely correct :)  Personally I don't like Win4Lin
but Linux is all about choice.  I shouldn't try to tell someone else
what it is that they should do.

By the way, in answer to any question about the use of mobile Linux
for e-mail and web pages...  I'm sending this to you with an SuSE 7.1
system and an Ericsson T28S mobile phone using Irda with my Clevo
notebook.

It's too slow for web pages but for e-mail and fax it works fine :)

Thanks

--
Richard

http://www.sheflug.co.uk