CVS Questions

Dan Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:52:19 -0700

Michael Vanecek wrote:

> Kurt, you're my hero. I feel much better now. Disk space is cheap, so
> I'll leave as is. You mentioned everything but CVSROOT - what in CVSROOT
> would you tamper with?

One file I've mucked with is the cvswrappers file can be used to set
certain flags based on the file name.  For example, if you have any .png
or .jpg files, you can add

     *.png -k 'b'
     *.jpg -k 'b'

which tells cvs to process these files as binary files.  That way you
don't have to do

     cvs add -kb file.png

each time you want to add a png file.

Each of the files in CVSROOT (at least on all the systems I've looked
at) have comments at the top of the file to give you some clue about
what the file does.

If you're looking for a book on CVS, I would like to recommend:

      Title: Open Source Development with CVS