CVS Questions

Michael Vanecek plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:40:43 -0500

I have my cvsroot as /home/cvs on my local server. /home is a seperate
harddrive that will remain even after I wipe and reload the / harddrive
which I do periodically when doing a radical system upgrade - still
haven't figured out how to preserve the user settings though. I just
rename the user directories, recreate the users and then mv the renamed
directories over the new user directories. If you know an easier way,
let me know. Anyway. I do all my work on my local server and then upload
them to my webhost server in California. Similar configurations. I could
probably use a script to automatically ftp the updated files to the
webserver. I'm just tickled with CVS. Kicking myself for taking so long
to mess with it.

Mike