Qwest DSL setup

Eaton, VJ plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:14:33 -0700

>>I am going to help a friend setup Mandrake 8.0 sometime this week and he
has
qwest DSL with a 3com NIC and the Cisco 678 router. I am not sure how this
setup works as I configure mine as a static LAN connection with cox@home.
Would I do the same with the qwest setup or would it be a PPP connection?
 my thoughts are to set it up statically as I believe they are NATted behind

the router using the 10.0.x.x network and point it to the router as the
gateway. Am I correct here?
<<

If this was a business/persistent connection, I'd think your friend savvy
enough
(read Mandrake, 3com NIC, Cisco router) to have mentioned an IP assignment.
drawing from context, I'm guessing the connection is made through the basic
DSL account,
which means you're looking at PPP and a Qwest-side dynamically assigned IP.

V.J.. Eaton, Web Dev.
Honeywell Engines & Systems
Phoenix, AZ
   --My opinions and those of my employer are sometimes different,
for which my mother apologizes.