Netscape 6.. ohmygod...

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:47:33 +0000

Has anyone ecer experienced a properly working Netscape 6??

Please tell me its not this bad.

It was incapable of even loading .gif images properly - showing only
the lefthand side of one on the SIMPLEST of web pages - no forms,
tables - just HTML.

When I'd click on a link, sometimes it would go where it ought to,
sometimes I went to a totally arbitrary URL based on a random chunk of
text in the HTML somewhere totally else.

Sometimes the URL in the window, and the one it requested from my
localhost server were different, typically it would repeat a
subdirectory name or two. Click reload though, and it would load the
right page.

I would recommend ANY Microsoft OS with ANY Microsoft browser before
what I have just seen in Netscape 6 under Linux.

Yet, it doesnt segfault. Why? Is it due to the highly trained idiots
at America Online that we have such a stable yet buggy piece of
software here? I cannot imagine how these horrid problems can occur in
software that wont simply die, unles they ARE NOT BY ACCIDENT. AOL has
been in bed with MS for quite some time now.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|