Fwd: Linuxworld

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:37:40 -0700

Alan Dayley wrote:
> I sit corrected.  I just followed the subject line, not the content of the

Actually, it's neither funny nor stupid... it's IDG.  They are not a
Linux company nor do they claim to be.  Their business is organizing
expos and conventions.  They couldn't care less what the OS or topic
of the expo is as long as it's popular and brings in money.

I don't mind.  In my experience, IDG does a far better job of putting
on an expo than most.  Sure, ALS might be run by Linux enthusiasts
(and I *would* fault them if their servers ran something other than
Linux).. but their organizational skills aren't anywhere near the
level of IDGs and that's what I care about when I'm at a show.

Of course, then there is Key3Media.  At Comdex, they do a good job of
making exhibiting and speaking a HUGE pain in the ass while doing a
piss-poor job of promoting the Linux angle.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop