Where to put dev libs? Update

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:39:05 -0700 (MST)

Am 06. Jun, 2001 schwäzte Eric Richardson so:

> "der.hans" wrote:

> > apt-get install libgnome/testing
> This doesn't work in stable.

Oops, sorry. I should've mentioned that. It's safe ( in my experience ) to
grab apt from testing, then use it.

Add testing to your sources, update, then "apt-get install apt". That will
install 0.5.3. After that install libgnome/testing. Then comment out testing
from your sources and update again. After the update without testing in your
sources.list you won't get any more packages from testing.

Play with libgnome from testing and see if it fixes your prob.

BTW, wait a week and either Blake or I will have posted how to keep testing
( and unstable if you want ) in your sources.list, but still make sure you
default to stable... :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives