Pricing of services

Kimi Adams plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:07:25 -0700

--=====================_23784629==_.ALT

I actually sell based upon packaging.  This gives customers value added
products for a reasonable price.  The basic package has a set price, which
includes all the time necessary to set up one server with one domain and
external needs such as ftp.  I give discounts based upon the current market
rate, multiple package/domain purchases and more.  A good rule of thumb to
follow is always discount the invoice by something. Current market value
for this type of work is between $40 and  $80 depending on experience.

I find that most of my customers shop around.  This means they know that
they can get the price to $40 or below.  Customers also have a set figure
in mind that they are willing to pay before they even start a project.  So,
bid mid-range first.  Then discount.  A good customer that is being taken
care of will stay with you and will also refer other customers that will
stay with you.

Good luck.

Kimi

At 6/1/01, you wrote:
>What I should charge for something like this.
>
>Thanks
>
>Charlie

--=====================_23784629==_.ALT

I actually sell based upon packaging.&nbsp; This gives customers value
added products for a reasonable price.&nbsp; The basic package has a set
price, which includes all the time necessary to set up one server with
one domain and external needs such as ftp.&nbsp; I give discounts based
upon the current market rate, multiple package/domain purchases and
more.&nbsp; A good rule of thumb to follow is always discount the invoice
by something. Current market value for this type of work is between $40
and&nbsp; $80 depending on experience.&nbsp; <br>
I find that most of my customers shop around.&nbsp; This means they know
that they can get the price to $40 or below.&nbsp; Customers also have a
set figure in mind that they are willing to pay before they even start a
project.&nbsp; So, bid mid-range first.&nbsp; Then discount.&nbsp; A good
customer that is being taken care of will stay with you and will also
refer other customers that will stay with you.<br>
Good luck.<br>
Kimi<br>
At 6/1/01, you wrote:<br>
for something like this.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From:</b> <a href="mailto:kimi@unitywave.com">Kimi Adams</a>
<dd>To:</b>
<dd>Sent:</b> Thursday, May 31, 2001 4:18 PM

<dd>Charlie,<br>

<dd>I'm kinda confused about this request.&nbsp; Are you looking for quotes to do the work or what you should charge to do the service for your client?<br>

<dd>Kimi<br>

<dd>Hello,</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>I would like some advise regardng pricing of services. I need to do the following:</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Register 8 domain names. Client to pay for registration fees.</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Configure and test 8 ip aliases, 1 for each domain on a webserver with 1 nic, running RedHat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.12-25, ifcfg-eth0:0 etc</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Configure and test Virtualhost settings for each doman within httpd.conf</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Create subdirectories for each domain in /var/www</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Associate each directory with the appropriate user and group and set the permissions</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Create&nbsp; and test an entry within CuteFTP on Windows98 so that for each domain there is an entry that automaticaly points to the folder on the Win98 machine where files for each domain are kept and that points to the directory on the webserver from which the pages will be served and that contains the proper login and password for each domain.</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Thanks,</font>
<dd>&nbsp;
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>