[PLUG]Protest for Skylarov / DMCA

Shawn T. Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:48:12 -0700

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 03:30:48PM -0700, Chris Cowan wrote:
> Anyone know how to pronounce his name exactly... I don't want to run around
> shouting the his name if I can't say it correctly?

SKLAH-rof I think... accent is sortof unpredictable in Russian, but I think
it's more likely to be on the first syllable than the second.  And I think
the "Y" sound will get slurred over; this happens in a few other words
where it's inconvenient to pronounce.

Disclaimer: I haven't heard this pronounced by an actual Russian yet, I
just found a Russian web page with his name to be sure of the cyrillic
spelling and then applied the pronunciation rules.  The spelling I
found was this (KOI8-R):

óËÌÑÒÏ×

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com