sendmail question...

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:39:03 -0700 (MST)

Am 31. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Thomas Mondoshawan Tate so:

> intelligent and grab the MAIL To: <whomever> command from the SMTP system
> and use that as the To: header when the MTA forgets to add a To: header in
> the actual envelope) but alas, this seems to be the only simple way -- save

The body's To: header is completely ignored. I can address mail To:
fred@fred.org, but send it to anke@anke.org.

The To: header in the envelope is the one that counts. The option I
mentioned for exim tosses that into the body headers, so it hangs out when
the envelope goes away. The envelope's To: header is how the MTA knows where
to deliver the mail next.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans