Which one?

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:06:26 -0700

At the risk of Holy Distro Jihad Round X, and with the following
caveat, I make my opinion known.

Caveat: My latest test data was SuSE 6.4, Mandrake 7.0, Red Hat 6.2
all on the same hardware.

SuSE Makes the best workstation because so much stuff is included
and configured for you by default.  For example, using the above
distros, Netscape is already set up for sound and movies to work
for you.  The ATA66 drivers are already compiled into the Kernel.
Enlightenment looks 10X better under SuSE than Mandrake.

Sure, you can add this stuff, and tweak it, but you have to know
what you are doing first.  SuSE does it for you so you can get
to work, hence the name _work_station.

My opinion of SuSE is radically different as a server, but is
beyond the scope of this message.

My two cents.  Not meant to start the distro war.  Your mileage may
vary.

George