Laugh I nearly Sh*t! - A trip down memory lane

Garrett Ellis plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 04:54:55 -0700

I concur.

Let's try to keep the stuff that's [obviously] personal level confined to email, etc. Posts like this are detrimental to the credibility of this email list and as well discourage newcomers from posting anything for fear of getting flamed. It is obvious there is some "bad blood" between 'The Fiend' and Mr. Sollars; however anyone that's new won't understand this, and as a result this puts forth the image that anyone who introduces themselves as a developer (be they developer or not) may get flamed
unless they can immediately demonstrate proof of such feats. This should be unnecessary for discussion email lists. Now if it were a list for discussing kernel development; that's entirely a different story.

I have dealt with people that b/s their way into the "techie" crowds before; and it's really a very simple process. If someone is lying about their abilities it will show in no time at all when they can't keep up with the conversation or contribute to any projects. If they know what they're doing, that will also show in good time, so I generally give everyone the benefit of the doubt when dealing with this sort of thing.

To get back on track, could we please keep the outright flames off the list and confined to personal email? This just seems too much like BBS days of old where Person A heard something about Person B and spread drama & rumors throughout BBS-land.

I know I've recently had a discussion with someone on the list re: flames; however my post wasn't an intended flame. This recent "Laugh I nearly s**t" post is obviously an intent to discredit and pick a fight.

There really is no valid point to be made with the flaming (is there ever?) so perhaps the discussion could take another direction from here on out?

Another 2 cents,
Garrett