multi-platform GUI choice

Derek A. Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:55:22 -0700

>Is there anyone out there who is experienced with:
>
>  wxWindows (and wxDesigner)

GNU Enterprise front ends are done in wxPython so know a bit about it.
 Also, not wanting flamewar I will say a nice thing about wx* is that it
works on GTK, Win32, Motif and MacOS, but beyond that it is implemented
in several languages mainly (C++, Python, Perl)

It has a few Designers (Boa Constructor) probably being front runner for
GPL ones.  The other ones are mostly prop or non Free.

If you are wanting to write database applications you might want to
check out GNU Enterprise.  We do have a functioning Designer at this
point and handle all the databinding.

Derek