UCITA at the ABA: IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED

Shadow plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:21:16 -0700

Just recieved this.  I'll have the form letters in .rtf format up on
digitalnirvana.com by tomorrow morning.

--
Chris Lewis
Tesla Systems

The following code is a PERL script capable of decoding a CSS (Content
Scrambling System) encrypted DVD in real time.  This is illegal to
possess in the US according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, a
set of laws passed by anonymous vote in congress in 1998.  The Motion
Picture Association of America (MPAA) is opposed to the distribution of
this software because it allows the owners of CSS encrypted DVDs to
exercise their long-standing fair use rights with new digital
technologies.  For more information, please visit:
http://www.opendvd.org/

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# 526-byte qrpff, Keith Winstein and Marc Horowitz
<sipb-iap-dvd@mit.edu>
# MPEG 2 PS VOB file on stdin -> descrambled output on stdout
# arguments: title key bytes in least to most-significant order
$_='while(read+STDIN,$_,2048){$a=29;$c=142;if((@a=unx"C*",$_)[20]&48){$h=5;
$_=unxb24,join"",@b=map{xB8,unxb8,chr($_^$a[--$h+84])}@ARGV;s/...$/1$&/;$d=
unxV,xb25,$_;$b=73;$e=256|(ord$b[4])<<9|ord$b[3];$d=$d>>8^($f=($t=255)&($d
,$_=(map{$_%16or$t^=$c^=($m=(11,10,116,100,11,122,20,100)[$_/16%8])&110;$t
^=(72,@z=(64,72,$a^=12*($_%16-2?0:$m&17)),$b^=$_%64?12:0,@z)[$_%8]}(16..271))
[$_]^(($h>>=8)+=$f+(~$g&$t))for@a[128..$#a]}print+x"C*",@a}';s/x/pack+/g;eval