PLUG Web Site

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 05:16:22 +0000

Wayne Conrad wrote:
> I did a quick web search on color polarity (white on black vs. black on white) studies, and came up with "inconclusive," "it depends," and lots of opinions.  Not much hard, usable fact.  Probably some out there, but I came up empty.  Would love to see any references anyone has.

I have web pages set for white background, black text default because
there are so many idiots out there that will force black text with a
font tag without having specified a a white background, assuming that
every browser is configured the same.

I'd like to be able to use netscape's email with a black background
without the setting effecting the browser, but its unfortunately too
"well integrated" to have seperate settings :(

xterms with white backgrounds drive me insane. And its absolutely
MANDATORY to redo *ALL* of your color ls options if you decide thats a
good thing. But even for "whatever" ... when it comes to running text
based apps, black background is my universal choice

(well, the only exception being if I am trying to work in total
blackness and need light from the monitor to see things on the desk,
etc.)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|