Debian convert??

John plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:26:39 -0700

 I have followed all the threads regarding Debian and have decided to give it
a try (again). I bought the 2.2 potato CD's from cheapbytes about a year ago
and had it up once but it seemed more than I was ready for at the time.
 I have three big questions, Can I do an apt-get dist upgrade to 2.2r3 ?
Can I use something like boot magic if I make a /boot partition as I am dual
booting with win 98. Honestly the thought of reinstalling windows 98 to make
a partition under the 1024 cyl limit for LILO is more daunting to me than
installing Debian! Lastly does 2.2 potato have an option to use X4.03 or at
least a generic driver that will work with an Nvidia Geforce 2 mx if  X3.3.6
is the only option?

 TIA,
 John Wheat