August PLUG topic: Kylix

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
27 Jul 2001 14:05:17 -0700

On Fri, 27 July 2001, "David P. Schwartz" wrote:
> So, you're being paid for your programming time...

Correct, I'm being paid for my time.  I'm not selling software.  An easy test of this is to ask my employer to pay me a fixed amount for each piece of functionality that I'm asked to provide, and I'll go home after I get done with it and send him a bill.  If my employer says no, then I'm not being paid for the software I write or configure.  I'm being paid for my time.

  Wayne Conrad