August PLUG topic: Kylix

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:34:22 -0700

On Wednesday 25 July 2001 01:24 pm, bradb59 wrote:
> For those of you who have used it, how does Kdevelop compare to kylix?  Of
> course kdevelop is free (as in speech) and the newer versions look pretty
> robust.  Any thoughts on this?

I don't think that KDevelop and Kylix are comparable products.  KDevelop is
an IDE and Kylix is a RAD toolkit with an IDE.  Although I suppose you
*could* compare kdelibs + KDevelop to Kylix....

KDevelop compares to products like MS Visual Studio, CodeWarrier, and the
like.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop