lilo failed--HELP

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:47:21 -0700

"Michael J. Schweppe" wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:59:55 -0700, Craig White
> <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
>
> >I still think that you need to try bios=0x82 - I believe that you can
> >try this from the lilo boot...i.e. - press control X when you see the
> >lilo picker - type 'linux bios=0x82' ...
>
> I'm not sure what the lilo picker is.  When I use the boot disk I get
> a 'boot:' prompt where I hit enter.  If I don't use the disk, well,
> like I said I just get the flashing 'L'.  Sorry to ask for
> by-the-numbers here, but could you?

------------
that's interesting.

try looking at lilo.conf on the floppy (if it's on the floppy) don't
quite understand the booting from floppy business...floppy booting is
not my idea of progress.

---

what I was suggesting was to boot without floppy...since lilo is
installed in the mbr of the first hard drive, when it stops at startup
to pick linux or dos (if you do nothing or just hit return it boots
windows because the 'default = dos' setting), press control X before it
moves on and type

linux bios=0x82

Craig