Connecting to Exchange (Was: New to group)

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

Here's some instructions I wrote up for connecting to the Exchange server
where I work (modified slightly to hide specific company info):

In your Linux POP mail client:
Set your outgoing SMTP server to mail.somecompany.com, port 25.
Set your incoming mail server to...   (this is where it varies from
person to person)...
In Outlook, click on Tools --> Services --> Properties and write down
the name of your Exchange server.  Mine is "blahblah".  Next, tack on
.somecompany.com which, in my case, results in "blahblah.somecompany.com".
Set the port to 110 (the standard POP port).  To get your login name,
click the new message button, click "To...", and search for your name.
Click the "Properties" button and write down the number in the "Alias"
field.  The login name that you will use is...
<NT Domain>\<NT Login>\<Alias #>
So for me, I tell my mail client software that my login is:
somedomain\matt\1234567
Your POP mail password is your NT password.
~Matt