New to group

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

I use primarily RedHat for no particular reason.  It was my first distro way
back when I started out with Linux and I've stuck with them.  I personally
don't really understand why it matters much which distro you use.  I've used
about 10 different distros and they're all essentially the same.  You've got a
kernel, you've got some programs, etc.  And with the LSB
http://www.linuxbase.org/ finally making progress, the differences are going
to become even less significant.  I guess Slackware is seen as more "31337"
because it's slightly less automated during the install, but once the system
is finally setup, then it's just like any other.
~M