lilo failed--HELP

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:41:50 -0700

"Michael J. Schweppe" wrote:

> I installed a second drive as a primary slave today on the Win 98 box.
> and loaded Red Hat 7.1.  I set lilo to install on the mbr of hda [the
> Win drive].  Upon reboot after the start up bios type stuff I get a
> blank screen with the letter "L" and that is it.  I tried typing and
> nothing seems to work.  Presently I was able to get to C:\>, but I do
> not know what to do now.

when I did thin on my current machine I first wrote the MBR to a couple
of floppys so I could recover...

> My guess is that there must be a way to get to the mbr and kill lilo
> so at least I can get Windows back and perhaps try again.
>
> Anxiously awaiting any responses.

where abouts are you?  If no one else is around to help, could you bring
your machine and all the CD's, floppies, etc. over to my office at
ASU-WEST (47'th Ave and Tunderbird).  and I'll see if I can help...

phone is 602-543-6133...

  EBo --