PLUG Web Site

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:43:59 +0000

Wayne Conrad wrote:
> How about changing the alt text for the big banner to "Phoenix Linux User's Group?"
> Alternatively, use text instead of an image, and then use some style sheet magic to make the text big like you want it.

Style sheets are a fascist device used by developers to FORCE a
particular font selection upon the web page viewer.

I noticed that style sheets OVERRIDE the setting "Use my specified
font, overriding document specified fonts". That is to say, if a style
sheet says to use some unreadable variation of Times, at some
unreadable point size, the browser will do so, despite my indication
that it should NOT.

As such, I have disabled style shits, both in the browser itself and
by blocking access to commonly used "style sheet files" loaded by
javascript with the Junkbuster Proxy.

Avoid style sheets if possible.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|