Introductions

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
19 Jul 2001 19:38:44 -0700

On Thu, 19 July 2001, "Ron Russell" wrote:
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I'll be installing my first Linux OS this weekend
> and hopefully getting it to dual boot with Win2k.&nbsp; I haven't decided on a

Ron,

Congratulations!  Linux is very bright and shiny and I hope you enjoy
learning it as much as I do.

You've gotten some good distro advice, so I want to mention something
else.  If you can afford to dedicate a separate computer, even an old,
slow, stinky one, you will enjoy your installation much more than if
you try to do dual-boot right away.  Dual-booting Linux and an MS OS
can take extra work, and learning to install Linux at the same time
can make for a pretty steep path to climb.

  Wayne Conrad