Do NOT redistribute - even if you are a charity

Bob George plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:24:27 -0700

"Jim" <farli@qwest.net> wrote:

> A story on CNet (alas) about MS threatening legal action against a charity
> that refurbishes and distributes old computers to the disadvantaged in
> Australia.

I ran into this problem just last month. We were working with a client who
donates large quantities of old computers to community charities up in Las
Vegas. They currently wipe the disk, reinstall Windows and pass the
computers on. I had to recommend that they reconsider this practice,
although it saddened me to do so.

So is anyone aware of any Linux activists up in Las Vegas who might be
willing to load up some old Compaqs for charity? They still need the tax
records etc.

Thanks,

- Bob