PLUG Web Page

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
16 Jul 2001 21:42:42 -0700

On Mon, 16 July 2001, "Jim" wrote:
> Otay - a revised version is there
>
> http://www.users.qwest.net/~farli/PLUG/

Nice job on the title bar.  It also looks good when I toggle images off.

The page reacts pretty well if I make the page narrow -- most of it reformats to fit my screen width.  The banners, though, are pretty wide and end up causing a horizontal scrollbar that's semi-annoying.  Any way to get rid of that?  Perhaps making the title text instead of an image so that it can get reformatted like the rest of the page...  Just a thought.

Visually, it looks good.  I suspect that the stuff at the bottom is going to look noisy to some people.  What if the page had a full-width <hr>, below which we can have all of the "stuff nobody needs."  That's an exaggeration of course, because sometimes people do need all that paraphanalia.  But it might deserve to be segregated from the more important main focus of the page, just like the "who are the editors and publishers of this rag" section doesn't sit on the front page of the magazine.  I might go so far as to put ALL of that stuff on a separate "contacts and info" page with a link on the title bar, or perhaps at the bottom of the page, or both.

  Wayne Conrad