Copying games (Was: Loki offers 50% discount to LUGS)

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:04:13 -0700

sorry about that..
however, I have noticed that some games like this have recently become
"unavailable" almost everywhere save that of the authoring site.

Technomage Hawke

Jiva DeVoe wrote:

> Just a horribly heavy-handed FYI...
>
> Discussion of copying copyright games on the PLUG list is strictly off
> limits.  It is possible that such discussions could result in PLUG
> being held responsible in a copyright lawsuit or worse.
>
> PLUG is all in favor of copying and distributing free software
> whenever possible, please respect the copyrights of authors who wish
> not to distribute their software under the GPL.  If you think a peice
> of software should be free, and it's not, then start a project to
> write your own!  You'll learn how to code, and make something cool at
> the same time. :)

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6