MicroSnot XP

Linux plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:58:30 -0700

>Subject: Re: internet terrorism (A preview of whats to come if windows XP
makes it to  the home market)
>To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
>Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:11:50 -0700 (MST)
>From: rustyc@descomp.com (Rusty Carruth)
>
>> still, if a 13 year old can arbitrarily terminate someones access for
>> "fun", then what about the real cyberterrorists out there?
>>
>> Technomage Hawke
>>
>> Shawn T. Rutledge wrote:
>>
>> > Wow.  That's a movie-grade tale there.  Impressive detective work.

>THis makes MicroSnot's monopoly look like peanuts.
>
>We're about to be in deep doo-doo unless somebody either
>
>1 - makes MSnot understand just how bad its going to be.
>or
>2 - it happens, and the courts place enough blame on them
>and assesses enough cost ($) TO them to actually
>do them in.
>
>Or maybe not...
>
>In any case, we're in for a REALLY bumpy ride.  This makes
>spam look like a walk in the park....  (And I hate spam!
>Used to get 20-50 or more per day till I got teergrube
>working)
>
>rc

"MicroSnot" is not that stupid, are they?  I would submit this is a
strategic move in some way.

Could something like this work to their advantage?  Like maybe "MicroSnot"
products interface well with "MicroSnot" products but non Linux/Unix/Mac?

I think one needs to analyze this from "MicroSnot" perspective and see if
something is going on here.

Maybe they want to bring the Internet to it's knees so when they "cure" the
problem THEY will be the HERO.

It's a sick world!

Keith