AZ Software Developers - A new group forming...

Jiva DeVoe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 23:19:37 -0700

Greetings!

Many of you know me from my work with the Phoenix Linux Users Group.

Many of you also know that I am a software developer by profession,
and that I spend alot of time involving myself in the various
fascinating aspects of software development.

Recently, while discussing coding with some of my friends, we all
arrived at the conclusion that what Arizona needs is a Software
Development users group, which could meet monthly for the purposes of
bringing GREAT software people together, and to generally improve the
quality of our craft in Arizona.

Thus, we have decided to form such a group (we're calling ourselves
AZDEV for now).  The purpose of this group will be following:

To have meetings where developers can learn the latest techniques in
programming, and improve their craft.

To extend knowledge about software development as far and wide in
Arizona as possible.

To make Arizona the premier place to develop software (because of the
high quality of code which we will help to promote among developers
here.)

To network with other great coders, to help get good practices spread
amongst our ranks!

This group aims to be very technical and geeky in nature.  JOIN US IF
YOU DARE!

Anyway, if you're interested in getting involved in this group, we're
still very early in our formation.  Please join our mailing list by
sending an email with a body of SUBSCRIBE to
azdev-request@devware.com.

I encourage anyone interested in software development to join us!

--
Familiarity breeds contempt -- and children.
		-- Mark Twain